Elmendorf Tearing Tester
Elmendorf tearing tester is designed to measure average tearing force of materials from the energy loss of a falling pendulum. By well simulating the practical case, a test specimen is exposed to a sudden heavy load which causes the test specimen to tear, propagating an existing cut, such as a seam or a button hole. Start from a single tongue-type cut in sample and measure tearing strength from the energy loss of a falling pendulum while the cut propagating, the testing result is considered usable only when in 20 – 80 % of each full scale range, or else next weight should replace. It is designed to determine tearing force of fabric, non-woven, paper, cardboard, plastic film, etc. Providing solid results for QC, material R&D, Certification & Testing.
BS EN ISO 13937 BS EN ISO 4674-2 BS EN ISO 21974 ASTM D1424 ASTM D5734 ASTM D689-96a TAPPI T414 om-12 NEXT 17 DIN EN 21974 DIN EN ISO 1974 DIN EN ISO 6383-2 ISO 9290 M&S P29 NEXT 17 GB/T 3917.1 GB/T 455
- Automatic calibration, automatic checking weight and automatic balance the empty pendulum.
- Optical encoder measuring system detect swing angle of pendulum can reduce friction and increase accuracy.
- Lower energy consumption design.
- Wide measuring range reaches 128N.
- USB data export makes analysis and data storage more convenient.
|Loading weight||8N, 16N, 32N, 64N, 128N|
|Unit||N, cN, mN, kgf, gf, lbf, ozf|
|Specimen thickness||Up to 8mm|
|Number of piles||1-6|
|Fixture space||Adjustable 2.5mm-3.5mm|
|Power supply||220V 50Hz|
|2036101||Elmendorf tearing tester|
|2036102||Testing kit (Loading weight and calibration weight)|